New Year New Home: DIY Hacks to Spruce Up Your Space
We have finally begun the new year, and it’s a great time to start improving your home. Home improvements are a great way to give your home a fresh look, and they don’t always have to cost you an arm and a leg. There are a ton of creative hacks out there that can spruce up anything in your house from the walls to the flooring. Here are a few DIY hacks that any homeowner should have if they’re ever feeling like their space needs a little TLC.
Let’s face it: we spend a lot of time in our bathrooms. And often, the space is overlooked and can quickly start looking a bit drab over time. Take a look at some of these ideas to creatively update your bathroom.
- Use old doorknobs to hang your towels and add a piece of refurbished plywood or decorative wallpaper to give the backdrop some pizazz.
- A wine rack can make a great towel holder. You can normally find these for cheap at stores like Target or Walmart.
- Turn an old CD tower on its side and use it as an organizer for your toothbrush, lotions, and soap.
- Turn your bathroom into a spa by tying some eucalyptus to your shower head. The steam will activate the sent and make your bathroom smell amazing.
Living Room Hacks
The living room is the pinnacle of your home. To ensure that both you and your guests feel comfortable in this space, make certain that it’s looking its best! Not sure of what to do? Not to worry, we’ve got you covered.
- Rather than investing in an entire entertainment center, repurpose wood from your local hardware store and create shelves to reside under your television.
- Add some bling to your curtains and use old rhinestone necklaces as tiebacks.
- If your Internet router resides in your living room, hollow out an old novel to hide it. Place items of your choice on top for a little extra décor.
- Try the half-painted wall. This can add some dimension to your living room. Make the bottom color pop, while the top color balances it out with a neutral tone.
The kitchen can become disorganized in an instant, especially if you have little ones running around. Check out some of these ideas to keep your kitchen in tip-top shape and looking great!
- The pantry can get overwhelming very easily. So, try using a shoe organizer to organize different snacks.
- Use a magazine caddy to hold your cans and large/small mason jars for different types of pastas.
- For family reminders or grocery lists, adhere a large piece of glass to a solid background and frame it. This can be an alternative to an unsightly whiteboard.
- Make your spices easily accessible and decorative by putting a magnet strip under your top cabinets. Find small glass jars with metal tops, fill them with spices, and place them on the magnet strip.